I hope that all of you had a lovely Mother’s Day. I couldn’t be with my mom, but I did chat with her, as well as both of my grandmothers, on the phone. Actually, first my mom called my brother to chew him out for a good twenty minutes and then hung up. Eventually, I did get her on the phone to wish her a proper Mother’s Day.
One thing I’ll always be grateful to both my parents for, is my love for music. They took me to see The Who doing Quadrophenia when I was in 5th grade for my first concert. Take that every else my age, who lists the Backstreet Boys, N SYNC or something similar. It started even before that, though. I remember listening, and singing along to, all sorts of Motown and girl groups in the car with my mom. This week’s playlist is dedicated to that.
- “The Tears of a Clown” – Smokey Robinson & the Miracles
- “Heatwave” – Martha Reeves & the Vandellas
- “Please Mr. Postman” – The Marvelettes
- “The Love You Save” – Jackson 5
- “Ball of Confusion” – The Temptations
- “You’re All I Need To Get By” – Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell
- “Come See About Me” – The Supremes
- “For Once In My Life” – Stevie Wonder
- “Shotgun” – Jr. Walker & the All Stars
- “Reach Out, I’ll Be There” – Four Tops