Building a successful email marketing campaign is a lot like constructing a pyramid. Your email campaign requires a firm foundation that you can build on. To generate success, ensure a solid base is laid down before you launch a full scale campaign. Take a look at the foundation points mentioned below that will help you build campaigns effectively:
1. Provide for quick unsubscription
Your emails must display a prominent opt-out link that readers can access easily. Keep in mind the following pointers:
- Readers who click the opt-out link should be removed immediately.
- Some readers request unsubscription through an email message; in such cases do the needful as soon as possible.
- Always be polite while confirming unsubscription.
2. Ensure consistent emails
Consistency is the key to an effective email marketing campaign. Use the following practices to ensure regularity:
- Adhere to selected delivery times and frequencies for sending email messages.
Ensure error-free email messages.
- This practice includes maintaining suitable text-image ratio at all times.
- Maintain consistent layouts or templates for email messages. This might help create a strong bond with readers because they expect a certain look and feel.
3. Create effective subject lines
Creating the perfect subject line is tricky. Readers take a half-a- second glance at your email topic and make a decision; a subject line that doesn’t pass the test results in instant deletion – there are no second chances. To create an impactful subject line, ensure you use the following pointers:
- Keep a clear goal in mind and formulate the tone of your subject line accordingly. ‘Increasing click-through rates’ and ‘expanding client lists’ are examples of objectives you can use to set the tone of your subject lines.
- Keep your subject line short – preferably between four to seven words. Always keep your subject line to the point. Do not deviate from your goal.
- Avoid using spam words such as ‘free’, ‘hello’ and ‘buy’ in your subject line. These words have an adverse effect on customers’ minds and generally lead to instant deletion of emails.
- Use the brand name of the product in the subject line. Research indicates that readers are more likely to ‘open’ emails when subject lines include products’ brand names.
4. Always obtain permission
Obtaining permission from prospective customers might set the base for a successful email marketing campaign. Acquiring permission is beneficial for the following reasons:
- It protects your reputation.
- It provides better results for your campaign as the people who receive your emails are genuinely interested in your products or services.
- It prevents your emails from being labeled spam.
5. Personalize your email messages
Never underestimate the power of personalization! Want to know why?
- Reaching out personally to your readers can result in a jump in reading and click-through rates by as much as 650%!
- Using a reader’s name either in the subject line or in the email, grabs the attention of the reader immediately.
- Seeing their names acknowledged in email messages make readers feel they share a personal relationship with you. This should lead to long lasting relationships and increased customer loyalty.
6. Include signatures
An unsigned cheque has no value, similarly, an email without a signature lacks impact and does not create a binding impression on readers. People appreciate details of the person who has sent them mails. Your email signature should contain:
- An appropriate sign-off saluation: ‘Thanks’ or ‘Regards’
- Your name
- Your designation
- A link to your website
- A link to unsubscribe
- These tips are sure to turn around your email marketing campaign! If you have any more suggestions, please let us know!