I majored in Journalism at Indiana University with an extensive minor in General Music Studies. That means three different semesters of History of Rock & Roll, a class on the Beatles, one on Jimi Hendrix, Music Theory and so much more. I enjoy taking any chance at proving you can make a career off those types of classes.
I listen to music while I work. I’m sure many of you do. Each week, I’m going to craft a playlist for you to help get you through the work week. I’ll theme them whenever possible, sprinkle in some of what I’ve been listening to and try and even surprise you when I can. Today is Valentine’s Day. I’m sure you can guess where this playlist is headed. Listen to it thinking of that special someone or with friends…because friends listen to “Endless Love” in the dark. I’m skipping the ballads…your employers will thank me for not leaving you either napping or sobbing at your desk.
- “Fell in Love With a Boy” – Joss Stone
- “My Love” – Justin Timberlake feat. T.I.
- “Let’s Stay Together” – Al Green
- “Crazy in Love” – Beyonce feat. Jay Z
- “(Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher and Higher” – Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band with Darlene Love, John Fogerty, Sam Moore, Billy Joel and Tom Morello
- “First Date” – Blink-182
- “Maybe I’m Amazed” – Paul McCartney
- “God Only Knows” – The Beach Boys
- “Do You Realize??” – The Flaming Lips
- “These Arms of Mine” – Otis Redding
- “Fell in Love With a Girl” – The White Stripes