January is National Blood Donor Month. Officially so since 1970, so don’t assume it has something to do with the current vampire trend. Charity makes everybody feel good. Not all of us have the means of the Gates Foundation. Giving blood won’t cost you a dime and you can have the joy of helping others in need.
Customize a Benchmark National Blood Donor Month email template and inform your subscribers of the importance of giving blood. Let them know who qualifies to donate blood or best practices for the day of donation. How many of your email campaigns can you say might save lives?
– At least 17 years of age.
– Must weigh at least 110 lbs.
– Free of infection/not on antibiotics/no fever.
– In good health day of donation.
– Must not have given blood within eight weeks.
Prior to Donating Blood:
– Drink a lot of water or fruit juice the night before and morning of donation.
– Don’t donate on an empty stomach; eat three hours beforehand.
After Donating Blood:
– Rest sitting down for 5-20 minutes post donation.
– Have a snack after giving blood.
– Enjoy a high protein meal after you donate blood.
– Don’t drink alcohol for at least eight hours after donation.
– Refrain from heavy lifting.